RYAN MASSIE email@example.com
A Data Analyst / Information Technology Support Specialist with a wide breadth of expertise in data systems, infrastructure, desktop support, and applications, seeks positions where effective IT empowers an organization.
APPLICATION SPECIALIST IV,
Orange County Public Schools, January 2015 – June 2015
In this position working for the Guidance and Academic Services Department, I primarily created ad-hoc reports for the administrators of high school guidance departments, district-level senior administrators, and the Chief Academic Officer, using a Microsoft SQL Server data warehouse and T-SQL custom queries.
- Transitioned schools away from a Microsoft Access based reporting system to a SQL Server based system
- Transitioned from PDF based reports to Excel based reports to allow schools to filter data for their needs. These reports were designed to be easily printable or convertible to PDF as needed
- Created department intranet site to manage distribution of periodic reports to schools
- Reduced time it took from request of data to delivery of report or data
SENIOR TECHNOLOGY SUPPORT REPRESENTATIVE,
Orange County Public Schools, July 2012 – December 2014
In this position working for the ICTS Department, I primarily visited 40 schools in the Southwest Learning Community, meeting with each school’s assigned support representative to train them and assist with large projects or troubleshoot issues they needed assistance with.
- Lead pilot program to equip every student with a Google Chromebook or iPad at two area schools
- Managed technology purchasing and deployment during construction at Shingle Creek Elementary
- Managed technology equipment reclamation and removal at Westridge Middle School before demolition
- Developed deployment software packages to distribute software to school computers district-wide
- Served as primary contact in area during computer-based FCAT testing, handling extremely high priority tickets
- Advised school-based technology support of their progress meeting SLA goals in their support request tickets
TECHNOLOGY SUPPORT REPRESENTATIVE,
Orange County Public Schools, December 2004 – July 2012 In this position working for the ICTS Department, I was assigned to an area school to maintain their computer systems, servers, printers, phones, and presentation equipment as well as train teachers and staff on new technologies.
- Deployed Microsoft SharePoint based support request ticket system that later became a district-wide standard
- Transitioned campus to Cisco IP Phone based equipment from old analog telephony systems at two schools
- Worked with administrators to bring age of technology up to district and state standards at three schools
- Used Altiris and similar deployment software packages to maintain and install software on workstations as well as maintain and deploy system images
- Worked to purchase and transition software and services from aging to new servers, maintained backups
EDUCATIONUNIVERSITY OF CENTRAL FLORIDA,
Bachelor of Science, Information Technology, Graduated 2004
Including coursework in Network Analysis, Database Concepts and Design, Technical Communication and Writing, Enterprise Web Application Programming, and Network Security